Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarian Starter Guide
So, I have been reading the info for the last half hour. I got some good cooking tips. I think I am on the right track.

I am familiar with Mercy For Animals, but I hadn't checked out their vegetarian starter guide yet. Thank-you for posting it.

I will need to look through the information more than once. I am working on cooking vegetarian/vegan.  I haven't even looked at some of the products they suggest.  The possibilities are endless. There are a great many foods that are plant based.

I am glad they talk about which restaurants have vegan options. I already know some of the pizza places have vegan choices.

I like the way they suggest that you start slow and do a meatless day and then expand it. It is hard to completely change eating habits over night. I am having to restock my cupboards with a different type of food and restock my freezer too. I still haven't figured out how I want to use quinoa yet. 

I am going to try the parmesan substitute made from walnuts and nutritional yeast flakes. Now I know what to do with the nutritional yeast flakes I bought. 

I may even try the egg substitutes in baking. Apple sauce should work in muffins.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Vegetarian Starter Guide - by Ruth - 03-04-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Vegetarian Starter Guide - by Catherine - 03-05-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: Vegetarian Starter Guide - by Tobi - 03-06-2016, 09:24 AM
RE: Vegetarian Starter Guide - by Catherine - 03-06-2016, 06:50 PM
RE: Vegetarian Starter Guide - by Ruth - 03-07-2016, 03:56 AM
RE: Vegetarian Starter Guide - by Catherine - 03-07-2016, 02:08 PM