The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowspiracy...the movie
I went to a free screening of Cowspiracy, sponsored by the Vegetarians of High park. 
(High Park is a big park just west of me)
They are part of the Toronto Vegetarian Association. I did not know about these groups.  I got a list of stores and outlets for supplies and all kinds of other information.

Cowspiracy examines factory farming from an ecological point of view. What is the impact of out farming methods on the environment.
Why is no one looking at the extreme damage our farming methods cause.
The movie is worth seeing.

http://www.cowspiracy.com/

The focus is on the environment, but at a certain point in the filming he sees an animal killed for food and he  becomes aware of the loss of life involved in eating meat.

The final point of the movie is that we cannot continue to eat meat the way we do because the planet can't sustain it. It eats up too many resources, does too much ecological damage and is wrong to use animals in this way. 

It is a thought provoking movie and if you can watch it, you will be glad you did.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Cowspiracy...the movie - by Catherine - 03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Cowspiracy...the movie - by Ruth - 03-16-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Cowspiracy...the movie - by Catherine - 03-16-2016, 03:43 PM
RE: Cowspiracy...the movie - by Tobi - 03-21-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: Cowspiracy...the movie - by Catherine - 03-22-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Cowspiracy...the movie - by cathie - 03-24-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: Cowspiracy...the movie - by Catherine - 03-24-2016, 02:25 PM