Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martha and the Muffin
That first Sunday night I gave the piggies their dinner, a plate of chopped veggies. The girls were very happy about that and jumped right in their to eat with the boys.   The next morning I presented them with their breakfast, a plate of chopped veggies.
The boys jumped right in there and started eating. The girls just stared at the food. They were not sure what to do. They were not expecting so much food. They couldn't believe they were getting veggies again.

I am beginning to think my piggies are a little spoiled, but why not. What could be more fun that spoiling a bunch of piggies.

They all just fit right in right away. I thought they might. The boys are glad of company. Rosebert is really showing his age.
At nearly seven I know he does not have much time left. This gives Robbie other pigs to focus on. Finally Norbert has someone as shy as he is. It has made him seem more outgoing and I think Muffin feels safer with him because he is a quiet pig.
Martha is clearly the dominant one and the boys are okay with that. It is the first time my herd has had a sow as leader. Frodo was the first herd leader and they all trusted him. Lambert inherited the tittle more because they looked to him, not because he was dominate.   I think Martha has no hesitation about her position as leader.

A few days later it is as if they had been here all along.

The other two girls have never warmed up to snuggles and they are not interested in the other pigs. Maybe I should introduce them to the girls. I will think about it. Maybe Martha would make them feel safe. Even just meeting her might help.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Martha and the Muffin - by Catherine - 04-04-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Catherine - 04-04-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Ruth - 04-04-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Tobi - 04-05-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Catherine - 04-05-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Ruth - 04-05-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Catherine - 04-06-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Cibach - 04-06-2016, 09:09 PM
RE: Martha and the Muffin - by Catherine - 04-07-2016, 12:46 PM