The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Poll: Is it a good idea to:
use a separate moist box and separate water bowl
go for the combo moist box with water bowl. Great Idea!
try the combo but provide a 2nd water source.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shed problem
So we have had Jean-Luc (Ball python) for a few months now and he's shed twice? I think.  (My geckos have shed too and I have a hard time keeping up with who shed last.)   We have quickly noticed he has started having issues when he sheds.  Most of what is on his head won't come off.  From the previous owner we've been told he does this when he's dehydrated.  We have bathed him a few times to try and help but I feel like we can't do it enough and he does like to help himself.  So we turned to his tank.  He didn't have a moisture box when he took over ownership of him but I knew we would end up wanting to get him one eventually and it seems it's much needed.

I thought up an odd solution today and I wanted some input from some snake owners to see if anyone has thought to do this and if they thought it was a good idea.  My idea is to get a tote large enough to put his water bowl in and some moss (outside the bowl) to create a moist box that essentially moistens itself.  With a lid over the bowl the evaporating water would get caught on the lid and just drip back down.  There would be enough room for him to curl up in the bowl or out in the moss. It would also help keep his tank from getting flooded when he lies in the bowl.

What do you think?

My geckos already have moist boxes but I was thinking of doing this to their tanks as well.  Although they have 2 water sources so one is essentially just for them to lay in.

Messages In This Thread
Shed problem - by Libby - 04-15-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Shed problem - by Catherine - 04-15-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Shed problem - by Libby - 04-16-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: Shed problem - by Catherine - 04-16-2016, 01:26 PM