Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border Collie walks 240 miles...
It really is incredible, how Pero found his way home! It is quite amazing. I wonder if he followed the car's track, as he was taken to Cumbria in a vehicle. Now to us, that wouldn't be possible, but maybe to a dog there would be some residual scent laid down by the car?

But something vaguely similar happened concerning my friend Jet. He was a Border Collie too.
Jet visited us most days, and he came down to our house through the fields from the farm a half mile away. We always went out as a threesome when he visited, and sometimes I would take him in the car with Misty to one of our places.

Well one day I drove them to a place about 2-3 miles away where Jet had never been. When he was with us he always was good, and stuck to us, so I had no idea about what was about to happen...

He ran away suddenly. We searched for ages, until after the sun went down, but no trace of him, and I was so worried, as there was no scent trail for him to follow to go home.
I went back after midnight, when Misty was asleep. I couldn't find him. First thing next morning I tried again but no luck.

Later that afternoon, I saw him coming down from the farm over the fields!

He had obviously found his way home perfectly well, and probably got home that previous afternoon before we did! LOL! I had no idea how he did it, as it was a car journey into unfamiliar territory.

Still....to be on the safe side I never took him there again.

Messages In This Thread
Border Collie walks 240 miles... - by Tobi - 05-13-2016, 02:42 AM
RE: Border Collie walks 240 miles... - by Tobi - 05-15-2016, 02:33 AM