Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popular pet names
I had a whole list of hamster names that were based on the idea that the male hamsters looked like little bears. So I had Cocoa Bear and Ginger Bear and Cinnamon Bear. Who could forget Snow Bear. He was my first albino. I had a Mocha Bear and  Cocoa Bean and a Blue Berry and a Snow Berry. I also had a Spirit Bear who was light coloured like the actual spirit bears.

It is harder to name snakes. Jake Krinkle Snake was the easiest. His name fits so well. Snakes live much longer so if a name is annoying or unsuitable I will be stuck with it for a long time. Maybe that is why I tend to use people names. I do have a Desert Sand(It was desert rose when I thought he was a she). I also have an Iceman(also formerly Icerose, but he is a very good father and the Iceman name stuck).

Firebird is named for the bird shaped marking on the head and the fire orange colouring.

Mostly I use people names like Sam, Pete, Mike, Earl, Caitrin, David, Jenna, Molly, Lily, Ruby and of course Jack Black the black corn snake.  Raven was an exception, but she was black and the name suited her.

I have a new generation to name and it isn't easy. I was hoping to at least guess at gender before choosing a name. I never seem to get it right.
Right now, if it lays eggs, it is a girl. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Popular pet names - by Catherine - 06-08-2016, 02:59 PM
RE: Popular pet names - by Cibach - 06-08-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: Popular pet names - by Tobi - 06-09-2016, 09:12 AM
RE: Popular pet names - by Catherine - 06-09-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Popular pet names - by Tobi - 06-10-2016, 04:50 AM
RE: Popular pet names - by Catherine - 06-10-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Popular pet names - by Catherine - 06-11-2016, 02:22 PM