The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catherine attends a street festival
This is the weekend of the local street festival called Big On Bloor. Bloor street will be closed off for many blocks and thousands of people will visit the many different exhibits and booths.

I will be working at the reptile centre booth. We will do a two day reptile show. It is a chance to let people see reptiles up close and even touch and hold them. It is an opportunity to educate people about animals that are very misunderstood. When people touch a snake for the first time they are surprized. The skin is soft and dry. Many people believe that snakes are slimy. They feel like very fine silk. They are not at all what people expect.

I will be doing a corn snake show since corn snakes are my first love. We will have a number of snakes ready and no one snake will be out on display, being handled for more than a short time. I keep switching them so they rest between handling.

I won't get much rest and I will probably forget to eat.

I am going to help set up and get things ready on Friday night. I helped get out tables and other festival supplies out on Wednesday. Someone had put them under the basement stairs after  the last festival and I am the only one small enough to crawl in there and pass things out to people.

It will be tiring, but it will be fun. Thousands of people will talk to us and actually encounter a reptile. Any time you can educate people about animals it is a good thing.

I will keep you posted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Catherine attends a street festival - by Catherine - 07-22-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Catherine attends a street festival - by LPC - 07-22-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Catherine attends a street festival - by Tobi - 07-23-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: Catherine attends a street festival - by Catslave. - 07-23-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Catherine attends a street festival - by Tobi - 07-24-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: Catherine attends a street festival - by Tobi - 07-26-2016, 03:29 AM