The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the owner is arrested, what about their pets?
This question came up when a video ended up on line of a man stealing something while he had his dog with him. Since there is a video, he obviously was arrested. Everyone wants to know about his dog.

In this case the dog is fine and being cared for, but it raises the question of what does happen to pets in arrest and other situations.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

It is good to know that the police take the pet's welfare seriously. I am sure different cities have different procedures, but clearly they do have some sort of plan.

I think it is irresponsible to put yourself in danger of arrest when you have pets. 

Sometimes people are arrested for protesting things. I would think you should make pet care arrangements if arrest is possible.
During the G20 summit in Toronto, I wanted to protest and it was my right, but Pigbert was very old and not well. People were being arrested for being on the street in the area. Some of them were just going home from work. Pigbert would have died if I had been held for more than 24 hours. Many people were held much longer and yet later charges were dropped because they did nothing wrong. I didn't even risk leaving the house because  I couldn't take a chance. I had a responsibility to care for Pigbert. It would have been terrible to come home and find him dead or dying, not understanding why I would abandon him.  I never left his side. Most of that summer I stayed home with him when I could.

Why would someone steal something and put their pet at risk?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
When the owner is arrested, what about their pets? - by Catherine - 08-20-2016, 02:36 PM