The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barrie takes a walk....or not
It is a hot day with a light rain and I thought it would be a good day to take Barrie outside.

I put him down on the sidewalk and he freaked out. He is intelligent enough to know that he has no idea where he is.

I had to pick him up right away. He stayed in defensive mode for awhile(mouth open threatening). I held him firmly on my arm and he settled down. So I walked a few feet back and forth. He seemed okay for about five minutes. Then he got restless so I went up on the veranda with him. I put him down (in his beautiful leash and harness) and let him walk a bit. When I wouldn't let him go anywhere he wanted, he started to roll and had the leash wrapped around him.   I did not know he could do that!
I learn something new about Barrie every day.

That is when I figured we had both had enough. He is back in his tank and seems fine.

Maybe I should have been a little bit more careful with him. He might have been scared because he didn't know where he was.
I should have held him for his first few visits outside. He didn't know the world is so big. He is doing well when he is exploring my place. The outdoors is just too much too fast and so different from any world he has ever known.

On the other had I am happy with the way he calmed down when I was holding him. I think we are forming a bond and he trusts me. He certainly responds to my voice. Next time I will be more careful.

Next time I will get pictures.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Barrie takes a walk....or not - by Catherine - 08-26-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Barrie takes a walk....or not - by Tobi - 08-31-2016, 07:52 AM
RE: Barrie takes a walk....or not - by Catherine - 08-31-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Barrie takes a walk....or not - by LPC - 08-31-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Barrie takes a walk....or not - by Tobi - 09-01-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: Barrie takes a walk....or not - by Catherine - 09-01-2016, 03:27 PM