The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bird left to die by callous people-More News
Sad 
Angry Sadsmiley 47 37 Angry

I cannot believe that anyone would be so callous, cruel and uncaring. Who ever did this is a total lowlife scum.

They took an adult cockatiel and put him in a clear plastic food container. Then they discarded him under a tree.
[Image: IG_PC7ZqYI2-5MClK3481tES08oosa2JVugaBRE5...40-h754-no]

This is what they put him in. (how thoughtful of them to give him air holes when they didn't give water)

Who knows how long he was out there before someone saw him. They had no idea what to do so they brought him to the  nearby  reptile centre. We also have birds so it was the fastest way to get him help.
His one eye is so infected that he can't see out of it. We have cleaned it up and treated it, but I don't know if he can see.
He has few feathers on his head and the rest are dirty and ragged. Can you imagine how frightened he was out there like that, trapped in a tiny plastic container, dying of dehydration. Angry

He ate and rested a little. When I dropped in tonight we cleaned him up and gave him more food and clean water. He was sitting on the bottom of the cage looking very confused and disoriented. I spent time whistling to him and talking to him and he seemed to respond. I moved the perches down really low so he can reach them easier. We also put his cage where he can see our other cockatiel. When I left he had managed to climb onto a perch and he could see and talk to the other bird. He was even looking a little better.

[Image: irziP3UMn8X4NHaNdFIR8z-L9u27DBBgNvgLkjQj...40-h754-no]

It wasn't easy getting a picture. I didn't want to upset him.

I will let you know how the little bird is doing. I hope he makes it and goes on to become a beloved pet of someone who cherishes him.
You can all imagine what I hope for the lowlife who dumped him like that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Bird left to die by callous people-More News - by Catherine - 09-21-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Abandoned Cockatiel - by Catherine - 09-25-2016, 04:14 AM
RE: Bird left to die by callous people - by Tobi - 09-25-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: Bird left to die by callous people - by LPC - 09-25-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Bird left to die by callous people - by Tobi - 09-26-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Bird left to die by callous people - by Catslave. - 09-26-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Bird left to die by callous people - by Catslave. - 10-08-2016, 04:59 PM
RE: Bird left to die by callous people-More News - by Catslave. - 10-20-2016, 02:52 PM