The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waving from Germany
Hello there,

I am Alexandra from Germany and want to say a „little“ hello at first (well, I know me and I tend to write novels in web forums and Co., so take the „little“ maybe not that literal). There are two things I want to beg you: 1. My English isn't the best but I do my best, so please excuse the faults I make. Also if something isn't clear for you or you wonder about please ask me for a better explanation. 2. To the admins: I thought I would have an account here yet but no e-mail address I normally use is registered here. So I think I was wrong about that but if there should be suspicion to a 2nd of mine account please tell me. Of course if I was wrong I wasn't active with that account (that I would know).

So let me start with my introduction. I am a 40 years old woman and I was born into an animal loving family. I grew up with a few pets and my best friends for my first ten years were a female German Boxer called Rani and a male cat called Ginger (my parents first thought he would be a female and didn't change the name later – at least it isn't a common name in Germany anyway). They were the same age as me and so we grew up together. Somewhere exists a picture of us as babies sleeping together on one pillow. If I will find it I will show it to you.
But there were other pets, too, not at least because of my three elder sisters (I am the family’s pet by myself as I am nine years younger than my next older sister) which always had own pets. We had turtles, other cats (I had my first own cat when I was 10years old), birds, bunnies and guinea pigs. Also I was often at my uncle's and aunt's allotment where they had big bunnies, ducks, chickens, pheasants and geese and at their home they had dogs and other birds.

In fact I wasn't ever without cats in my life and it isn't probably a surprise that I tend to keep my own tiny zoo but of course only if the circumstances are right and I have the place, money and time for that. At the moment I have a six month old German boxer puppy River Song (normally I call her River but if I call her Fräulein (Miss) Song she knows she had to stop whatever she is doing^^) and two cats I named Jethro and Bambino (there was an Abigail, too, but sadly she never came back from one of her out-door tours when she was three years old). With River I fulfilled the dream of my own dog since Rani passed away.

By now that three are all but now I have the right circumstances and in the next time there come a little more pets and in the next year a horse.
A horse was another dream of my childhood. There was nothing I wanted more than riding and an own pony or horse. When I was seven years old I could begin with riding and now I make a little money in my side job as a trainer of horses and riders. I had own horses in my life but in the last years I had health problems and life was rough to me so I had to forgo that for a while.

That's the story as short as I could about me and animals. Furthermore I am a web designer in my first job, I own a self help forum for people with mental illnesses and life crisis' (I didn't start it. I only adopted it when no one else wanted it anymore and it would have been closed If I hadn't taken it), I do a literature study at a distance university, I read a lot of all genres, I paint and sculpture and I am a geek.

I registered here because I just love it to compare with people about difference views and opinions to understand them. I am registered at some German web forums, too, but here it's special interesting for me. There are different common views about animal care and also the hole situation for animals/pets in other countries and that is interesting for me. So I hope to a good comparing with you and want to end my first posting at that point.

Yours sincerely, Alexandra

Messages In This Thread
Waving from Germany - by anima - 09-28-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: Waving from Germany - by Catherine - 09-28-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: Waving from Germany - by LPC - 09-28-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Waving from Germany - by Tobi - 09-29-2016, 03:25 AM
RE: Waving from Germany - by Catherine - 09-29-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Waving from Germany - by Tobi - 09-30-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: Waving from Germany - by Catherine - 09-30-2016, 01:46 PM