The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad day for my guinea pigs
Smiley19 Caramel got pregnant while I was on holiday. So she was due this week. I have been feeling babies moving all week long. Yesterday I couldn't feel movement anymore. I could still feel the babies, but they were still.

She went into labour and had two perfect babies. One little girl the image of her and one little boy the image of dad. I tried everything to get them breathing(mini guinea pig CPR). They had already been dead for a day. There was nothing I could do, there was nothing anyone could do. Smiley19

I don't know why they died. They looked perfect so it must have been placenta failure.

Caramel has never liked being held, but she has been clinging to me since she went into labour. I sat on the floor by the guinea pig enclosure holding her before and after delivery. Even now, hours later she is still in my lap. She just wants me to hold her and comfort her. I may be up for a few hours more.

It is sad when baby animals die like that. They never had a chance at life. Their mother never had a chance to care for them. Guinea pigs are good mothers and she would have been very happy. I think we are both sad together right now.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Sad day for my guinea pigs - by Catherine - 10-15-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: Sad day for my guinea pigs - by LPC - 10-15-2016, 05:44 PM
RE: Sad day for my guinea pigs - by Tobi - 10-16-2016, 03:21 AM
RE: Sad day for my guinea pigs - by Catherine - 10-16-2016, 03:54 AM
RE: Sad day for my guinea pigs - by Catslave. - 10-16-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: Sad day for my guinea pigs - by Catherine - 10-16-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: Sad day for my guinea pigs - by Tobi - 10-17-2016, 02:53 AM
RE: Sad day for my guinea pigs - by Catherine - 10-17-2016, 08:17 AM