Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWF reports that 2/3 of species could be gone be 2020
Sadly a lot of people don't plan for next week so planning for their children and grandchildren is something they are unable to think about. The people who are fighting to keep the planet healthy are the ones who can understand the consequences of species die off. A lot of people will go along because they understand that there is a problem even if they don't understand it.

Now we just have to hope that we are the majority and out efforts will be enough.

I see a lot of positive efforts being made. I think WWF is wanting to warn us so we will try harder. They are not wanting people to give up hope. There are efforts being made in so many areas. Individual species are being protected. There are groups that fight logging and strip mining. There are groups defending the ocean. Lots of people are working to save the bees and other pollinators. Somehow everybody's efforts come together as one movement. The planet may be damaged and changed and we will lose species, but I think we can save much.  Time is short though. For some animals time has almost run out. We have no choice, but to do as much as we can in what ever way that we can.

Thank-you to the WWF for their little nudge to remind us that it is an emergency.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: WWF reports that 2/3 of species could be gone be 2020 - by Catherine - 10-29-2016, 02:57 PM