Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Animals eat plastic
The micro beads are a big problem. They haven't been banned in many places. I buy from companies that never used them. As you say oatmeal is good and so is sugar. It makes a fine scrub. They also us very finely ground coconut bark. These  things are harmless to the environment and they are "sustainable", they are things we can easily produce without harm to the environment.
What we lack is a global will to do it. Not all countries care and not all shoppers care. Try talking to someone in the store and warn them about micro beads. They will shrug and buy them anyhow.

Those flimsy plastic bags are another matter. France seems to have a good idea. There is no reason to still be using them. People here like to use them as garbage bags. They are 5 c each and many people buy a lot of them just to use them for garbage. Some people hoard them because they are scared they will be banned. I can get a special biodegradable plastic bag and I use it for compostable materials. Recycling can go in the bin directly so no bag is needed. Garbage can go in a big bag that is handled differently. They do make biodegradable big bags.  I have a whole collection of reusable bags in different sizes and strengths.
There is no need for anyone to use the flimsy bags.

This article describes how the plastic ends up in the ocean.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...KKKiti6bBg

This will keep you awake nights.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...FfcdufJ7-g

It is an emergency  and we need the whole planet to see it that way.
However even if the whole planet is slow to respond it still helps that some countries are doing their best and some people are doing their best.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Why Animals eat plastic - by Catherine - 11-12-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: Why Animals eat plastic - by Tobi - 11-13-2016, 04:01 AM
RE: Why Animals eat plastic - by Catherine - 11-13-2016, 04:40 PM
RE: Why Animals eat plastic - by Tobi - 11-14-2016, 03:28 AM
RE: Why Animals eat plastic - by LPC - 11-14-2016, 05:08 AM
RE: Why Animals eat plastic - by Tobi - 11-14-2016, 05:31 AM
RE: Why Animals eat plastic - by Catherine - 11-14-2016, 01:27 PM