The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Pet Parents"-a new style of pet sitting
Many people are not comfortable with leaving their dog in a kennel when they go on holiday. Recent news stories confirm that they are right.
Instead they look for a private home and a person willing to take their dog in and care for it. They can relax because they know their animal is getting the best of care.

For the people taking the pet in, it can become a very good business. They get to enjoy people's beautiful pets and earn some money at the same time.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I can understand the anxiety about leaving a pet in a large impersonal facility. Too many things can go wrong.
I can also understand people giving up their regular work to care for pets.  It would be work that one could enjoy. Using the internet to coordinate and connect people together makes things more convenient.

The only anxiety would be checking the home out to be sure your pet would be safe there. How good a job do they do checking people out? I suppose references would help.  I think big kennels may become a thing of the past. No one likes to leave their pet in a kennel.  I am sure a dog could get used to the dog sitter and enjoy going there after a few visits. It would be just like home and that is what matters.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
"Pet Parents"-a new style of pet sitting - by Catherine - 11-14-2016, 05:40 PM