The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research Symposium
What a hectic weekend!

PINP put on a 2 day symposium, day 1 being done through Twitter and day 2 comprising of face to face presentations.
It was really great, and rather inspiring, to hear all the research that has been and is being done at Phillip Island. Including a few projects I've been a part of.

A lot of people turned up for the symposium, people from the board, people who work for government environmental departments, researchers, rangers, students, general public.

The Twitter conference seems to be a great way to reach a wider audience and a lot of scientists, and other groups, appear to be holding conferences this way.
It reached over 98,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Presentations covered a range of topics including penguins, shearwaters, swamp wallabies, kangaroos, feral cats, toxins in penguins, problems of artificial lights, ravens, platypus, education, zoos, and so much more.

You can follow and read about all the research from the 2 days on Twitter under #pisci1 **scroll to the very, very bottom for the start of the tweets to read in order**
or follow the link https://twitter.com/hashtag/pisci1?f=twe...sh&lang=en

If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer!

Messages In This Thread
Research Symposium - by platy - 11-15-2016, 11:57 PM
RE: Research Symposium - by Catherine - 11-16-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Research Symposium - by platy - 11-16-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Research Symposium - by Tobi - 11-17-2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Research Symposium - by platy - 11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: Research Symposium - by Catherine - 11-17-2016, 04:00 PM