Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why you should adopt a senior pet
I noticed this Rescue a while back. It is near Cleveland Ohio, and adoptions are usually within 100 miles of the shelter. They rescue and organise fostering and adoption for many abandoned or traumatised senior dogs:

http://www.sanctuaryforseniordogs.org/id3.htm

It is heartbreakingly sad to read what happened to some of those old dogs. Some were so shut down when they were rescued, but have started to come alive again with care and love.

I heard of a number of people also who run their own private rescues, not only in US but elsewhere, mainly giving hospice care, end of life care, or simply a safe place to live out peaceful years/months/weeks. Unfortunately I have lost those links but hope to find them again.

Those senior animals need special care so it's good if adopters aren't poor. They will almost all need on going vet treatment. They will need peace and someone more or less around all the time. And they will need a person or people who can cope with the transition from life and end of life care.
But senior dogs and most animals, though they may have slowed down somewhat, still have lots of fun in them, and seem to draw closer to their Souls towards the end of their lives.

Messages In This Thread
Why you should adopt a senior pet - by Catherine - 11-23-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Why you should adopt a senor pet - by LPC - 11-24-2016, 12:19 AM
RE: Why you should adopt a senor pet - by Tobi - 11-24-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: Why you should adopt a senor pet - by Ruth - 11-25-2016, 02:26 AM