The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad shelter story
The Austin Animal Shelter wanted to share with us a story that didn't have a happy ending. They are a no kill shelter and they do their best to never take a life.
Sadly they had a dog that was loveable, but he attacked and injured an other dog. They tried to find a placement for Dro, but there was no place that could take a dog with a history of attacking another dog. That meant that they had to make the decision to euthanize him.
It is a sad story with a sad ending.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I know even the best shelters can't save every animal. In a case like this it is even sadder because it could be the stress of being in a shelter that triggered the incident. Dro should never have been there in the first place. I know even a no kill shelter will be forced to choose euthanasia sometimes. I can understand how hard it was for them to do this. If some one or some place could have committed to take responsibility for Dro the ending might have been better. Sadly it didn't happen and Dro's life was ended.
I don't know what could have been done, but there should have been a happy ending for Dro.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Sad shelter story - by Catherine - 12-23-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Sad shelter story - by Tobi - 12-24-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: Sad shelter story - by Catherine - 12-24-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: Sad shelter story - by Catslave - 12-28-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: Sad shelter story - by Catherine - 12-28-2016, 04:16 PM