Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equine Blood Farms
Blood donations are one thing, but this is keeping animals so we can bleed them because we want something in their blood. The horses are keep pregnant as much as possible and the hormone is sometimes used in the factory farming of pigs. I think they use it to trigger ovulation in the pigs so they can get them all pregnant at the same time.

I agree that most of what we need is available in nature. The Amazon rain forest alone contains more medicine than we will ever need. Some we haven't even found yet. We could explore that treasure trove for years and not exhaust the possibilities. There is no need to use animals the way we do.

I knew that at one point they used pregnant mare's serum for medical purposes. It never occurred to me that they were still harvesting serum from pregnant mares.

They no longer get insulin from animals. They are able to synthesize it. Better would be to prevent diabetes in the first place. That would require some dietary and lifestyle changes. We can change how we do things if we want to.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Equine Blood Farms - by Catherine - 01-23-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: Equine Blood Farms - by Tobi - 01-24-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: Equine Blood Farms - by Catherine - 01-24-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: Equine Blood Farms - by Tobi - 01-25-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: Equine Blood Farms - by Catherine - 01-25-2017, 03:33 PM