The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby rabbit in cat's den!
This is one of my adventures today!

When I went in to feed Sally-cat this lunchtime, I heard a strange rustling from a cardboard storage box underneath the unit. Sally seemed to be showing no interest in it. The rustling came again. It was obviously a tiny creature in there!

It was dark in that corner, and I wasn't sure what it was....if it had been a mouse or rat, just putting my bare hand in might have caused it to bite me. Even a little bat would bite. I didn't have gloves.

Eventually, by gently poking about I could feel a warm body and fur. Its tail was sticking up and it definitely looked like a bunny's tail.

So I scooped it up and it didn't seem too upset by that. The little thing was only about 5 inches long. I examined it but it didn't seem to have any injuries.

So I carried it outside to a shed/summerhouse, where the door is slightly open, but no way wide enough for a cat to get in. The little rabbit wriggled a bit and seemed healthy. I let it go in the summerhouse (it is horrible weather outside -wind and rain) It seemed fine, and hopped about a little. That showed me it was okay with no damage. It can easily get out but cats can't get in! Hope it will be okay when it comes out....

It appears Sally must have carried it in. She must have done it quite gently not to cause any damage. Perhaps she treated it like a kitten? Goodness knows -but the baby is okay. I hope it finds its way back to its mama!

Update....tonight 9pm, after Sally cat had eaten and played rough games with golf balls in tunnels....she had a wash, then went to investigate the box. She obviously remembered (through no prompting of mine!) where she had left the rabbit this morning. It wasn't there of course, and she didn't seem too bothered by that.

Messages In This Thread
Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Tobi - 02-04-2017, 04:13 AM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Catherine - 02-06-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Tobi - 02-07-2017, 02:08 AM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by LPC - 02-07-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Tobi - 02-07-2017, 12:04 PM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Catherine - 02-07-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Tobi - 02-08-2017, 03:42 AM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Catherine - 02-08-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by LPC - 02-08-2017, 09:03 PM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Catherine - 02-09-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: Baby rabbit in cat's den! - by Tobi - 02-10-2017, 11:06 AM