Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your pet will never stop loving you.
Clearly dogs suffer traumas for a long time after abandonment. I can picture you with Forgy as a kind of shadow. The fact that he will join you in the bathroom(the other room is a water closet?) and in fact insists upon it shows real separation anxiety. There is no other exit from a bathroom. All he has to do is guard the door and you can't leave him. He must have really suffered when he was abandoned and just can't bear to have it happen again.

I can understand Misty's food anxiety. Anyone who has suffered from "food insecurity" never takes food for granted.
Three of my four guinea pigs are stressed about food. You know my piggies never miss a meal. They always have bowls of pellets right there and fresh hay given daily. They still get anxious when I feed them veggies as if they fear I might change my mind and take the food away.

People who abandon pets do such a cruel thing. They leave the pet damaged for life. Even dropping a pet at a shelter can be a scary thing for them, especially an older pet.

However the solution my neighbours found for their unwanted pets was not okay either. Neither dog deserved that. They were just happy little dogs trying to be good pets and they were not given a chance to live out their lives. No effort was made to rehome them. They were property(to these people) and they disposed of them.

It bothered me. I was quite young, but it seemed like the wrong thing to do. I just knew that wasn't right.
Of course when my mother got tired of the budgie she bought me, she let it go(in Manitoba a budgie would have no chance of survival). People back then did some horrible things to their pets and their children. She also told me my turtle escaped(I never bought that story) and that could have had ecological consequences. Could my turtle have made the half mile trek to the river?
I have always wondered.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by LPC - 02-16-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by LPC - 02-17-2017, 04:49 AM
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by Catherine - 02-17-2017, 04:00 PM
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by LPC - 02-17-2017, 08:19 PM