Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook allows animal abuse
Good article, Catherine. As I mentioned on previous occasions, I became strongly opposed to Facebook quite few years ago, after being bombarded with mundane feeds from people with whom I had little in common. As I hid their feeds, Facebook kept on proposing more people! In the end, I ended my personal account, with great satisfaction. My sons keep in contact via email and phone; they send any photos as attachments to emails.

My elder son closed his Facebook a little before me. Neither of us has ever regretted the decision. It is easy to send emails and if there several people who need to be told news, the email can easily be sent to multiple recipients.

Facebook exists to make money. The young man who created the Facebook money-making machine became a millionaire (or is it billionaire?) very quickly. Yet he does not want to spend money on large numbers of moderators and only recently has sought to increase its team because of public outcry.

Even now, it does not want to spend really big money on appointing the massive numbers of moderators needed to cover the billions of new items each day. Facebook is, literally, out of control.

The only real way to end Facebook is for people to close their accounts. Otherwise, it will continue as before, forever spreading its tentacles.

As for its leaked policies....well, if those are their policies, Facebook deserves to close. Its values are, quite frankly, sick. To have a policy which says that posting details of non-sexual child abuse are OK - is truly sick in the head. To allow pages with photos and details of severe cruelty to animals - is equally sick. Yet innocent photos of adult human nudity are to be banned - in those cases where no suffering is involved!

Goodbye, Facebook....

Messages In This Thread
Facebook allows animal abuse - by Tobi - 06-05-2017, 03:43 AM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by Catherine - 06-05-2017, 03:57 PM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by LPC - 06-05-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by Tobi - 06-06-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by Catherine - 06-06-2017, 04:28 PM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by Tobi - 06-07-2017, 03:28 AM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by LPC - 06-07-2017, 04:17 AM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by Tobi - 06-07-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by Catherine - 06-07-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Facebook allows animal abuse - by Tobi - 06-09-2017, 03:17 AM