Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beagle Freedom Project rescues dogs from Texas labs
I would hope that actual "charity" shelters would never release animals to a lab. I think it is only ones that are under city bylaws. Some cities still have bylaws that allow this to happen. I don't know that the shelters were ever paid for animals that were sent to labs. It is a practice that dates back to another time and very different thinking. It fits with shelters that routinely killed healthy animals.
There are less of those kinds of shelters around.

I don't know if the size of the shelter makes a difference. I think who founded it and who has the final say about shelter business has more of an influence over shelter policy. Shelters that are over crowded now have a lot of options. The animals can be transferred to other shelters and there are special groups that will do the transfer.

There is no need to kill lab animals when they are no longer needed. Groups like the Beagle Freedom Project will find them homes. There is a lot of hope for the future because there are some really good people working to help animals in need.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beagle Freedom Project rescues dogs from Texas labs - by Catherine - 07-03-2017, 02:03 PM