Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live or Die Tests at animal shelters
Quote:I know it isn't fair to generalise, and I know to some extent I'm doing that. Not everyone thinks and feels that way, I realise. But I do wonder about peoples' expectations, and the pressures that puts Shelters under when it comes to adoption.

This is very much part of the problem. People expect too much. They really want an animated toy, not a real dog. Shelters get caught up in that. They expect dogs to act a certain way. That is why they test them.

Maybe we need classes on what a dog really is and what behavior to expect from a dog.  Most of the dogs who fail these tests are not really aggressive dogs. Sadly there are dogs that are aggressive. Those dogs just don't belong in a home as a pet. They need to be cared for safely in a different setting.

The rest of the dogs would do alright if they received a little help from us their pack leaders. We need to be the leader and teach the dog how to act. Most dogs would learn very quickly.

There should be some kind of understanding around food. Don't touch someone else's food, people or dog. No one wants their food touched.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live or Die Tests at animal shelters - by LPC - 08-01-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Live or Die Tests at animal shelters - by Catherine - 08-05-2017, 03:01 PM