The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 dogs flown to a new life in the USA
Over 200 dogs were flown from Puerto Rico to shelters in the USA. There are many stray dogs and abandoned pets and dogs  often have to be euthanized due to lack of space. There is a beach in Puerto Rico with so many strays it is called dead dog beach.
Efforts have been made to spay and neuter dogs and things are better, but there are still too many dogs to find homes for.

One shelter is in a remote location and the other is closing for renovations. In both cases the need to move the dogs was urgent. 
Wings of Rescue arranged the flights and the dogs will soon find good loving homes.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/24/mor...lift-to-us

One of the dogs was born at the shelter 3 years ago and she has never had a home. She has spent her whole life in a shelter.
No dog should ever live its whole life in a shelter. I can't imagine how she will react when she has her own loving home.
For all these dogs this is a chance for a better life. For the shelters it is a chance for them to take in more animals without euthanizing the ones they have. While there are massive overpopulations of dogs in some places, airlifts like this are an act of mercy and kindness. The work that Wings of Rescue and  other such groups perform is real life saving work. They have my respect and admiration. I am sure the dogs are all truly grateful too.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
200 dogs flown to a new life in the USA - by Catherine - 08-28-2017, 02:34 PM