The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spray sealant kills family pets
A spray sealant that is available on the shelves of any UK store is responsible for the deaths of three family pets. Another pet still has breathing problems. The company claims it wasn't used properly, but the animals were not in the room where the spray was used. They were on the other side of the house. The birds died right away. The dog died later at the vet. The people also had breathing problems as does another dog. 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/16/three-fami...y-6932783/

This may be a good product, but I think its safety warnings are inadequate. If everyone in the house suffered a reaction, some of them fatal, then the house needs to be empty and special breathing gear worn when the product is used. It doesn't specify that on the bottle.

Too many supposedly safe household products hold dangers for our pets and ourselves. I try never to use aerosol products because it is too easy to inhale some of the chemicals. Some of them might be safe, but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way which ones are deadly. I feel for Glenn's loss. All he wanted to do was look after his house and protect his bathroom from water.
He will regret his actions for the rest of his life even though he followed instructions and did nothing wrong. African Grey Parrots live a long time. His parrot was young so it could have lived 50-60  years. His parrot lost a potential 50 years of life.
His little dog had many possible years ahead of it.  

I wonder who okays products and checks out the safety warnings.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Spray sealant kills family pets - by Catherine - 09-17-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Spray sealant kills family pets - by Tobi - 09-19-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Spray sealant kills family pets - by LPC - 09-19-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: Spray sealant kills family pets - by Tobi - 09-20-2017, 04:32 AM