Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian members: your chance to stop cruelty
I know I have manually signed petitions at events this summer in preparation for this. 
I hope it passes. There is no excuse for a country like Canada to still be testing on animals.

You are so right that all the ingredients have been tested already and there is plenty of data. We keep testing the same things over and over on animals. It gives us a false sense of safety since animal testing is not always a predictor of how humans will respond. Also no amount of animal testing can predict allergic reactions. It is up to the human using a new product to show some caution. 

I wish I could say our senate will do the right thing, but they are not too highly regarded right now. 
Still this count be their moment to shine.

This is the most recent information I could find. 

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...6xYXr9UBJk

I think it will take them some time to examine the bill. I think the longer they take the more likely they are actually considering it. 

You would think pharmaceutical companies would be happy with this. They could save money if they didn't keep testing and retesting products.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canadian members: your chance to stop cruelty - by Catherine - 10-05-2017, 03:55 PM