Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ritual killing of chickens....Kapparot
I watched the video and it is brutal. The  chickens are handled roughly and killed inhumanely. It is exactly what I expected.

What I did notice was money changing hands. These are older chickens so the farmers are happy to get paid for them.
Whoever organizes the slaughter is making money. Even the people working as chicken killers are getting paid. 
As long as there is money to be made people will defend the practice and want it to continue.

I suspect there is money behind all of these slaughter festivals. I find it hard to imagine a seriously spiritual origin for a slaughter ritual. I also am baffled by this obsession with atonement. Since most people lead very ordinary lives how much could they really need to atone for. People are not as bad as they think they are. Probably killing the chicken is the worst thing they do in their lives.

If it became too expensive the practice would stop. Maybe there should be a special tax on killing chickens on the public street.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ritual killing of chickens....Kapparot - by Catherine - 10-12-2017, 03:14 PM