Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 kittens left outside the shelter
Poor little things. No doubt they were too young to have been taken from their mothers too. My guess is they were there from about 11pm or midnight. That would be eight or nine hours. I wish them well.

I have heard umpteen cases of dogs being tied to the gates of rescues and shelters, and left there. Of course when the shelter people see them, they are taken in.  I think the people who do that don't want to be seen, or talk to anyone. At least they haven't just tipped them out of cars I guess.

It's important before surrendering an animal who cannot be cared for, to check first if the "Shelter" is a high-kill, or no-kill. Or whether animals who find it difficult to be re-homed, are euthanised or not. Most times, leaving any animal at a "Shelter" will mean it probably has about a week to live even if it is a lovely animal. Simply because that's how most Shelters operate, but of course, there are exceptions. To be kind to the animal, it's best to find out first which ones ARE the exceptions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 18 kittens left outside the shelter - by Tobi - 10-14-2017, 02:27 AM