Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have lost my beautiful Phoenix
Thank-you for your kind words. I can't believe he is gone. When I let his mate see him so she would know he is gone, she bit me. She didn't break the skin, she just wanted me to know how she felt and I agree with her. I can put her with other snakes she grew up with so she won't be alone.

I have seen it coming so I have carried in my heart the fear and knowledge that he was dying. At least now it is over. It could have been cancer, that would fit the symptoms.

I have been so focused on trying to keep him alive that I have not thought about him now. Phoenix can join Earl and Raven and be in peace, free of pain and distress. You are right he is beautiful and strong and well again. He was so young to leave me and I hated to see him go, but sadly his body failed him. If I can't have him with me healthy and strong then at least I know he is out there strong again and free. He waited for me to be there before he died so he didn't want to leave me either. I did tell him he could go, that it was alright and then he left me. I shall start thinking of him out there strong and free. It is a peaceful thought.
His poor little body can rest with Earl and Raven under my beautiful Mountain Ash in my garden.  It is a gentle place, quiet and sheltered. Earl was a big gentle snake and he will look after my little one.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
I have lost my beautiful Phoenix - by Catherine - 10-13-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Phoenix - by Tobi - 10-14-2017, 02:07 AM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Phoenix - by LPC - 10-14-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Phoenix - by Catherine - 10-14-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Phoenix - by Tobi - 10-25-2017, 02:30 AM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Phoenix - by Libby - 10-25-2017, 12:04 PM