The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caring for senior animals at the zoo
Cincinnati Zoo has a number of animals that are now seniors. As such they require specialized care just like we do as seniors.
The zoo wants them to live out their lives in good health and they want them to have good long lives.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/spe...5e64bf9249

It is amazing the amount of special care the animals receive. Their every need is being thought of. They get the right food and proper medical care. I am sure the job of caring for these zoo seniors is teaching us a lot about what each species needs. We are also learning about the process of aging. Many of the medications used in animals are the same ones used for humans. I am sure many of the same things work for us and them. 
I think it is sweet to think that an aging grandmother gorilla gets the same respect and love as a human grandmother.
The  only difference is that grandma gorilla will likely eat and flowers given to her.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Caring for senior animals at the zoo - by Catherine - 12-04-2017, 04:53 PM