The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart beds for pets
They are about to market new technology for pets. Smart beds monitor your pets weight and sleep patterns and generally report on their health. The smart bed tells you if your pet is too hot or cold.   It links with technology like Google Home.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/07/petri...ts-health/

We have the technology so it was inevitable that we would do this.  We now have technology to feed our pets  and entertain them. I suppose there is something out there that will walk your dog. 

Could it be that we will develop enough technology that we don't have to even have physical contact with our pets at all. 
We could even have a robot pet. The smart bed could easily communicate with the robot pet. It would be a perfect system.
We wouldn't be needed at all.

I am not totally against the technology. I can just see how silly it is to make our whole lives depend on it. One of the joys of a pet is our contact with it. One of the benefits of having a pet is our contact with it.

Smart beds could be used to monitor things, but we should still  want to assess our pets health ourselves.
Beds for the medically fragile (human or pet) could be life saving. I hope we take the technology in a sensible direction. No child should ever die of SIDS again and no senior should ever have a heart attack/stroke without quick medical intervention. 

But the idea of a robot pet being cared for by a smart bed is funny and a real sign of technology gone wrong.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Smart beds for pets - by Catherine - 01-08-2018, 09:22 AM
RE: Smart beds for pets - by Tobi - 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM
RE: Smart beds for pets - by Catherine - 01-08-2018, 06:26 PM
RE: Smart beds for pets - by Tobi - 01-09-2018, 03:40 AM
RE: Smart beds for pets - by Catherine - 01-09-2018, 04:12 PM
RE: Smart beds for pets - by Tobi - 01-10-2018, 09:28 AM
RE: Smart beds for pets - by Catherine - 01-10-2018, 03:51 PM