The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets can cause house fires
A video camera caught the image of a dog causing a house fire. He grabbed food off the stove and turned the burner on in  the process. Items left on the stove then caught fire.

http://wwlp.com/2018/01/31/southwick-fir...use-fires/

The safety of our pets is always an issue. So it would be good to think about our pets and fire safety. Certainly securing the stove so it can't be turned on is a good idea. 

However, two thoughts come to mind. Food was left on the stove for the dog to get at. There should be no food left out to tempt a dog. Also items on the stove caught fire. There should be no flammable items left on the stove. It is just too dangerous. The stove should also be kept clean of grease so even if it is turned on there is nothing to catch fire.

I certainly didn't know that pets caused so many fires. I think tomorrow I will take a few minutes to look around and make sure my home is pet/fire safe. Better safe than sorry.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Pets can cause house fires - by Catherine - 02-01-2018, 04:26 PM
RE: Pets can cause house fires - by Tobi - 02-03-2018, 08:46 AM
RE: Pets can cause house fires - by Catherine - 02-03-2018, 02:38 PM