The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
still alive
I know I haven't really been around much the past year or so. Just wanted to check in and say hi and how has everyone been?! I am still alive and kicking.

It was a pretty tough year last year, and I was in a terrible place. I'm slowly getting better now. The world is becoming such a depressing place it can be hard. They've certainly been trying times.

But I've taken a (somewhat) different path and I'm now working as a veterinary nurse at a small animals clinic. I'm beginning to feel more focused in life now I have some direction, instead of flailing like I was.
So now I'm learning a whole new industry of cats and dogs and people hahaha.
It's definitely challenging and overwhelming. I've already had to deal with euthanasia and sending people's pets to the crematorium. And although I've dealt with death in my own life many times before, it's different again when it's someone else's pet you've had to put down, and harder still when the owner won't stop crying.
I'm told I will eventually get used to it, and that is likely true as we euthanise at least a couple of times a week.

So it's been a big eye-opener into what it's like being a vet nurse. I'm enjoying it so far. For every loss there are more wins, and it's great when you see pets leave happy and healthy. And getting puppy and kitten cuddles makes it easier Smile

We get some wildlife too (possums, birds etc) which is good practice for me! My very first patient was actually a blue-tongued lizard who needed a pain killer injection because he'd accidentally been run over.

So I'm looking forward to wherever this may take me

Messages In This Thread
still alive - by platy - 02-13-2018, 01:14 AM
RE: still alive - by LPC - 02-13-2018, 03:32 AM
RE: still alive - by Tobi - 02-13-2018, 04:34 AM
RE: still alive - by Catherine - 02-13-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: still alive - by platy - 05-26-2018, 11:52 PM
RE: still alive - by Tobi - 05-27-2018, 02:37 AM
RE: still alive - by Catherine - 05-27-2018, 03:27 PM
RE: still alive - by platy - 05-30-2018, 01:12 AM
RE: still alive - by LPC - 05-30-2018, 04:51 AM
RE: still alive - by Catherine - 05-30-2018, 03:01 PM