Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to protect your house from your pets
Yes there are some useful suggestions there. It is better to protect the furniture than to have a cat de-clawed!!

The sticky tape on the counter....sounds good in theory but like you say, it would keep ME off the counter too! And would be a darned nuisance within 5 minutes Smiley4 

There is one thing about cats which I find a bit difficult to get on with, and that's the fact that they are always jumping up on work surfaces and dish draining areas etc. And where food is prepared. (Ewwww, that cat may have been in the litter box or outside to do "business" just before doing that !)
Some cats you can train -for sure. And some refuse to speak English! There has to be a good invention waiting to happen out there to stop cats jumping on work surfaces, but which is not a nuisance for humans....
I will see what tickles my imagination Smiley16

Some dogs chew stuff because they are very young and need training. But some do it as re-directed anxiety and lack of stimulus. Dogs left alone all day while humans are out working are "climbing the walls" to find something to do! We forget that they have slept all night and wake up full of energy for the day. Then they get told to stay still on their beds for 8 hours until the human gets home. Most young healthy dogs can't manage that.
Some dog-destruction could be stopped only by getting in a pet-sitter or dog walker for two hours a day, or by getting up one hour early and going for a three mile run with them....and same after work. Yes, it's tough. That's the way it is with an energetic dog.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ways to protect your house from your pets - by Tobi - 02-25-2018, 03:55 AM