Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Care Home swaps residents cat for a toy
Sometimes people with allergies want the whole world to accommodate them. I took a flight once where we couldn't have peanut snacks because one person on the plane had an allergy.
There are schools that have banned peanut butter for lunch and they have even banned non peanut "peanut butters".
The irony is that the cure for peanut allergies is exposure to peanuts.

I have food intolerances. I hate to say allergies, but eating certain foods can make me sick. If I eat egg plant I will throw up even if it was delicious and I enjoyed it very much. It has happened a number of times so I am sure. I just make sure I don't eat it. I don't expect the rest of the world to give it up. I react to aloe vera and pomegranate too. So I have to be careful about hand creams and soaps. That would not be a good reason to take away someone else's stuff. Many of the homes I work in have things that I can't directly use.  Maybe a cat allergy would be a little more difficult to avoid, but the cat was in the woman's room and the staff could have been assigned to other people.

I find institutions are a little heavy handed when they deal with the elderly. Stealing a cat is bad, but they also split up married couples who have been together for over 60 years. There reason is that they require different levels of care. That is no comfort to people who have been together for a lifetime.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Care Home swaps residents cat for a toy - by Catherine - 03-02-2018, 03:53 PM