Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pig adopted from SPCA--killed and eaten!
LPC you are amazing. I couldn't find their names last night.  I have posted the info on Facebook and asked people to share. 
Some of my friends would have contacts in BC. 

I think he adopted the pig with the intention of eating her. You are right the document he signed has no legal standing.
They need a document with legal standing. He can't even be sued in civil court because all he signed was an agreement. 
I don't know if Canadian Law can sort out a way to protect animals in this situation. Our laws are not the best as it is. 

I think the only hope is for a strong public/social media sanction. If people boycotted the company he worked for they would have to act. If the reaction against him is strong enough no one else would risk doing such a thing.
The wrath of people who care about animals is a powerful thing. It won't bring Molly back, but it will give some measure of justice.

If his girlfriend is a decent person she should dump him right away and do it publically. 

I doubt he really killed the pig humanely. Few people know how to be really humane.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pig adopted from SPCA--killed and eaten! - by Catherine - 02-26-2018, 02:20 PM