The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next BIG step
As if my husband and I hadn't already decided to get our rainbow boas which could get longer than I am tall. Which is still a few years off. (I'll have to post more current pictures of Brienne compared to when we got her in October. I'll do that on her thread.) Last night I was doing the dangerous thing of looking at snakes for sale and then somehow ventured onto craigslist... well that's when I spotted a Kenyan sand boa pretty cheap with everything. I inquired about it but it had already been sold. I kept looking and came across this beautiful Columbian redtail boa. Not too far away either. I asked and she was still available. Next thing I know I'm meeting this lovely couple and their daughter to get this snake and they immediately hand it to me. They didn't know the sex but had been calling it a girl because she is very pink. Once I got her home I tried the "poping" method to sex her and tested it against Renly my male rainbow boa and I do believe it's a female.  Having never tried it I was being super careful but she popped really easily. Renly not so much he kept peeing on me and was squirming a lot because he is very active. But I did get one good look and gave him and myself a rest.
We already have a name too. Melisandre also from game of throwns. If down the road we find out she is actually a he then we can change it to Mal which is from Firefly and really close so it wouldn't be a complete name change. My other suggestion was The Doctor from Doctor Who but Melisandre in the show is called the red woman/priestess/lady and she has red hair so we couldn't past up connection since she is a red tail. If we get another red tail and it's a boy I really do want to call it The Doctor because of the bowties on the back. Anyone who has seen Doctor Who should understand the reference.

Pictures
http://myparadog.tumblr.com/post/171543765835

Pictures do not do her justice she was sold as a pastel red tail but a friend of mine thought she was a hypo and she's really knowledgeable about boas. But some times you just don't know unless you know what the parents are.  Unfortunately I don't know who the breeder was. She was an unexpected litter and he raised them up and sold them to petstores as soon as they were hardy at 2 months then the people I got her from only had her about 4 months. So she's only 6 months old and I'm the 4th and hopefully last stop in her short time.

Messages In This Thread
The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-05-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-05-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-06-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-06-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-09-2018, 04:27 PM