Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next BIG step
My snakes know when it is feeding day. They know the thermal bag I bring the food home in. They know when the food is defrosting. They know when I have started a feed. You should see the expectant faces. I would say the word begging comes to mind.

I had my first snake on a precise feeding schedule and I was handling him the day before feeding day. He wanted to be fed. I said no. He bit my finger. I defrosted his food and fed him. After that we had an understanding. If he said he wanted to eat I fed him. The snake knows when it is hungry.

I am glad you fed  her. Two weeks is a long time to make a hungry snake wait for food. She knew it was her feeding time and she was hungry. It would be a poor start to her relationship with her if you let her go hungry for two more weeks. Now you have established with her that she can count on you for food. Think of it as a bonding exercise.

Too bad you are not closer. We have Kenyan Sand Boas at the reptile centre. I have one, but he hatched with a damaged spine so I am looking after him as a rescue. He has grown, but not like a normal snake and he is a poor eater.

We even have some anery Kenyan Sand Boas. They are pretty.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-05-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-05-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-06-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-06-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-09-2018, 04:27 PM