Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog dies during grooming at Pet Smart
The so called groomers involved in these cases are not real groomers. They are minimum wage workers who have learned some  basics of dog grooming. They clearly don't know enough about dogs to keep them safe and I don't think they care.

I knew a real dog groomer. She was a true professional and she could make any dog look its best. No dog ever died on her watch. Dogs didn't even get stressed out and she never hit a dog. She would have hand combed out a dog like Forgy and trimmed him very carefully. Since groomers like her don't exist anymore you are better to groom Forgy at home.

If people need to take their dog to be groomed it would be best to find  a private groomer working from home or one that will visit your home. Our local Pet Value store has a walk in dog grooming space. It is all set up for bathing and grooming, but you do the grooming yourself. Dogs like visiting a store like that so you could give a treat every time and the dog wouldn't mind grooming.

Pet Smart has a history of other offenses. I know they throw out live reptiles. People have found an iguana baby live in a dumpster behind a pet smart. I think they threw out live bearded dragons, but I don't remember the details. They are clearly all about profit and not about the pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog dies during grooming at Pet Smart - by Catherine - 04-08-2018, 05:58 PM