Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog dies during grooming at Pet Smart
Quote:Then there are some people who project their own ideas onto their dogs! They think a dog enjoys being made all clean and pretty again by a bunch of strangers in a "salon" ! Some even ask groomers to spray perfume on their dogs!

Maybe if they designed a salon that a dog would like it would be okay.  I don't know how that would look. It certainly wouldn't look or smell like a regular dog groomers. Dogs don't like places like that.

A lot of dogs don't like being bathed. You can clean a coat with corn starch. You rub it in dry and comb it out and it takes the dirt and oil with it. It is how I cleaned the hamsters since they really should never be bathed with water.

That comb you posted is brilliant. It cuts and combs at the same time. For a lot of dogs it would work. Of course it would be best to groom a dog at home regularly. The hair would never get too long or too tangled if it was done as a regular routine. 
You feed the dog, you give the dog water, you walk the dog and you give the dog a quick brushing. Most dogs would get so used to a quick brushing that they wouldn't object. 

Surely if you worked with a puppy you could get it comfortable with bathing. It would have to be done very gently with little noise or fuss. I bath the guinea pigs and I have found they don't like being placed in water. I quickly hold them under running water, suds them and then rinse by holding under running water. It takes 5 minutes at most. Would a dog be okay with running water? There must be some way to bath a dog that they like or at least don't dislike.

Anything would be better than having a dog die at the groomers.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog dies during grooming at Pet Smart - by Catherine - 04-10-2018, 01:59 PM