Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths
Yes it's important to have balanced meals just as much when you're vegetarian or vegan as when you eat meat!

There are loads of vegetarian and vegan proteins and many other foods which contain things like Omega-3's, vitamin D and Calcium etc.
Combining them into a tasty balanced dinner or lunch isn't really so difficult when you get used to it. But for veggie newbies a bit of support is very helpful, and good recipe ideas to make things healthy and tasty.

Yes, some restaurants simply haven't got much of a veggie option, and so will serve just vegetables or salad with chips....and that sort of thing.
I was in a meat-based restaurant once and asked could I have baked beans with the chips and a side salad? Now that is a balanced vegan meal. They thought about it for a minute, because that wasn't exactly on the menu as such. But I got it in the end. They were all treated as "side orders". But options can be very limited in ordinary restaurants.
That's why I like to cook at home! Where else am I going to find my special nut burgers?

Messages In This Thread
Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths - by Catherine - 04-08-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths - by Tobi - 04-09-2018, 11:36 AM
RE: Celebrity Chefs and Animal Deaths - by Tobi - 04-10-2018, 10:37 AM