Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alberta woman's horses slaughtered
Quote:"At this time, equine have no single nationally or provincially recognized form of physical animal identification."

That is the problem. This could not have happened if tags or microchips were compulsory. They would immediately show who the legal "owner" is.
I think this is a real problem for a number of reasons. 
Horses can be stolen and shipped anywhere and there is no way to track them.
There is no way to track horses if there is a disease outbreak.

There needs to be a proper registry/identification method.

Clearly Canada is very lax about some things.

This article has much the same information, but I think I can see why she didn't move the horses sooner.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4183101/alber...hterhouse/

After learning about the owner's death the horses were only left on the farm a little over two weeks. She was given to the end of the month and she did have to find another location. The horses had been safe on  the farm for 5 years. What the man did was illegal and I will try and find out how his case goes. It doesn't say when the horses were killed. Even if she had removed them right away, it might not have been soon enough.

I think the man did it for the money.

http://calgarysun.com/news/crime/man-cha...ghterhouse

The horses may have been worth more the $800.00, but Wayne Jubb figured he could get away with this and gain $800.00.

If Kathy O'Reilly had thought there was a danger, I think she would have moved her horses. The danger was from someone who was willing to forge papers and do something criminal. She wouldn't have expected that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Alberta woman's horses slaughtered - by Catherine - 05-04-2018, 03:34 PM
RE: Alberta woman's horses slaughtered - by LPC - 05-04-2018, 05:29 PM
RE: Alberta woman's horses slaughtered - by LPC - 05-06-2018, 05:21 AM
RE: Alberta woman's horses slaughtered - by Catherine - 05-06-2018, 03:48 PM