Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Zealand fails to make rehoming lab animals mandatory
I can see how rehoming lab animals could backfire if it made the use of lab animals seen benign. However having living examples of lab animals in homes enjoying life does question whether it is right to use them in the labs in the first place. 

I think rehoming is the least we can do. We have caused these animals suffering and anxiety. We owe them good lives once we are finished with them. It is sad that so many countries refuse to push rehoming. Those places that do rehome lab animals will end up embarrassing those countries that don't.

This is going to be a victory that comes in small pieces. Gradually it will become the norm to rehome lab animals. Very slowly non animal methods will be implemented. As you say, companies have a lot of money invested in animal cages and they don't want to change. They will hold on as long as they can. When it becomes clear that animal tests don't work and there are better ways, then we will gradually see a change. I think they will phase the animal tests out rather than just give them up. In the end I think they will give up animal testing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Zealand fails to make rehoming lab animals mandatory - by Catherine - 05-16-2018, 04:41 PM