Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brutal hunting of Pangolins
(12-27-2018, 04:34 PM)Catherine Wrote: What is the matter with us that we declare weird animal body parts to have medicinal value. If you want to help your health, eat right and exercise more. Pangolin scales won't do it no matter how much you pay for them.

Sadly because people are willing to pay large amounts, poachers will keep killing them. They need the money.

If we can't stop people from wanting to buy pangolin scales, maybe something can be done to fund the poachers to do less destructive and cruel work.  If they had a better option for income that was more steady and secure maybe they would turn away from animal cruelty. Surely no one really wants to kill little animals like that.

I know. Mainly the body parts contain no more than keratin, or in the case of Tiger bones, Calcium I suppose.
The rest....probably based on superstition (such as a Tiger is strong and fearless and virile, etc)

But yes, the main reason such awful cruelty perpetuates, is because it is a way for people to make money -who either cannot think of anything else to do, or in some cases are trapped in their "business" by financial circumstances.

I like the way some charities work re: the dog meat trade, for example. Some of the dog meat butchers are helped into an even more lucrative business which involves no cruelty.
It's a pity a similar solution cant be found for the Pangolin poachers.

Messages In This Thread
Brutal hunting of Pangolins - by Catherine - 12-27-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: Brutal hunting of Pangolins - by Tobi - 12-29-2018, 03:05 AM
RE: Brutal hunting of Pangolins - by Catherine - 12-29-2018, 03:22 PM
RE: Brutal hunting of Pangolins - by LPC - 12-29-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: Brutal hunting of Pangolins - by Catherine - 12-30-2018, 04:58 PM