Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadly, two dogs have killed a child
I agree with you. Many people mean well when the get a dog, but they don't really know what they are doing. A little training for the owner and the dog would be a good thing. Maybe tragedies like this one could be avoided.

Oddly people who fear a little harmless corn snake(that can't hurt you) are perfectly fine taking chances with a dog(that can hurt you).
People are terrible about approaching strange dogs. They don't stop to think about how the dog might react.

This is not the first time a dog has killed a young child. There have been so many cases you would think that people would be more cautious now. But they are not. Mistakes get repeated over and over. It isn't even strangers dogs, usually the dog is known. I have read cases of friends dogs, family members dogs and even the parents own dog. What is similar is the circumstances. Usually a small child is unsupervised with the dog. In one case a newborn baby was left in a car seat on the floor, with the dog, while the adults went out to smoke. It is all very sad and very preventable

You are right about breeders needing to regulate breeding. I would think that actual breeders do control and plan breeding. It is puppy mill breeders who push for many litters a year. That and people who neglect to spay their dog contribute to the overpopulation that puts so many dogs at risk. All of it is preventable.Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sadly, two dogs have killed a child - by LPC - 03-19-2014, 06:03 AM
RE: Sadly, two dogs have killed a child - by Tobi - 03-19-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: Sadly, two dogs have killed a child - by Catherine - 03-21-2014, 02:09 PM