Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance
Lindsey, of course we remember you! I am truly sorry to read your news. Is Chance still able to swallow (i.e. use the back of his throat), as distinct from drinking with his tongue normally, which he cannot now do? If so, you might be able to buy some time by getting a syringe with a special ovaloid head to feed him some liquid egg or milk (plus water separately). See this picture:

[Image: JOR111Q.jpg]
This should be in stock in any vet surgery where they treat sheep or cows (i.e. probably our of town). You will need both the syringe and the drencher head. It is worth a try. Please let me know how you get on.

However, it looks like Chance's time on earth is coming to an end. I feel for you at this very difficult time. But that does not mean that you are losing him. He will continue to exist, only he will pass over into a new dimension. His love for you, and your love for him, will be unchanged after his transition.

Feel free to contact me via PM on this forum, or via my website (link in signature below), if you feel in need of support. Tobi, who will no doubt reply soon when she comes on the forum, may well offer you her support as well. Plus Catherine is always here to accompany you, as well.

Keep in touch.

Messages In This Thread
Chance - by lindseybee - 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: Chance - by Catherine - 01-23-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: Chance - by LPC - 01-24-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: Chance - by Tobi - 01-25-2019, 08:40 AM
RE: Chance - by lindseybee - 01-28-2019, 12:05 PM
RE: Chance - by Catherine - 01-28-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: Chance - by Tobi - 01-29-2019, 03:11 AM