Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The trend continues
(03-20-2019, 03:03 PM)Catherine Wrote: KK is clearly very happy with you. She has definitely accepted Kasey in her life. You took her from winter and people who cared, but didn't have enough time for her and you have given her spring and two people who dote on her. She has every reason to be happy. Your screened in porch is ideal for her. She can have fresh air and sunshine in safety. Can you let her fly free in the porch?

It is funny that she scares the dogs. She intends to establish herself and make them respect her. I wonder if they will ever be friends.

Your aunt put a lot into raising KK if she hand fed her like that. We are hand feeding two baby Senegal parrots at the reptile centre and it is a lot of work. My job is to hold them sometimes so they will be more socialized. Hand raised babies are so sweet and tame. I bet she could learn to say Kiwi just as easy as KK. 

I am still amazed at how beautiful she is. Her colours are so vibrant. She is happy with you and you are going to have years of fun with her.

Her wings are clipped so she can’t fly right now but she can glide.  My aunt always got her wings clipped so she didn’t fly into a wall or window.  She’s due to get groomed in the next couple months but I don’t think I’ll get her wings clipped until I know if it’s even a problem.  I don’t like the idea of her not being able to fly.  I’m not worried about her accidently getting out because we take precautions to make sure that doesn’t happen.  She is beautiful!  Even with all her new feathers coming I love just looking at her. 

I hope that once she sees the dogs wont hurt her that she will calm down.  She just came from a home with a 1yr old 8lb white fluff ball dog that they’ve had since the she was 8 weeks old.  So she’s used to crazy puppy energy, jumping and trying to play.  She gets quite violent when the dogs are too close.  She will bite my shoulder trying to bite at them but she’s a good 5ft away.  KK is super sweet to humans though.  My aunt has said she’s not as crazy about men but she took to Kasey so quickly it may just be that my aunt was the only one that really gave her attention.  She loves to snuggle.  She will rub her head on my cheek for love.  She sticks her butt up in the air and raises her wings to get scratches.  She fluffles up so much and chitters.  At my aunts she would squawk and and screech all the time.  Every time I’ve visited she was always really loud.  Since we’ve brought her home she’s been totally quiet except for when the dogs bark when I come home and she will scream if I haven’t come to say hi to her occasionally.  I have Kasey play with her for about 20 minutes and feed her before he goes to sleep in the morning.  I’m usually at work by that point.  I get home around noon most days and then I’ll let her out as I’m let the dogs outside and showering. Then my husband will wake up around 2 and then Kasey gets her and we will sit out on the deck and just talk and play with her.  Then she get back to her cage for food and water.  Then I’ll usually get her out as I’m walking around the house getting ready for bed.  So she’s out of her cage about 8 hours a day now compared to her couple hours in the morning with my aunt the past 6 years for so.  I’ve upped her food variety as well.  I give her 3-5 different things where my aunt was just giving her banana one day, carrots the next, maybe some green beans the next…
I can tell she so happy.  The first few times I tried to hold her she would bite my hand if I tried to pick her up at the wrong time.  Since she’s been getting more attention she hasn’t bitten at all! She was just so lonely.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvUgvnEhO6P/
I built her the beginnings of a jungle gym out on the deck today.  I want to get more toys and bowls for food and water so my husband and I can sit out there with her and play games or read.  It’s really nice out there lately.

Messages In This Thread
The trend continues - by Libby - 03-18-2019, 12:52 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Catslave - 03-18-2019, 04:22 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-18-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Libby - 03-19-2019, 11:57 AM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-19-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Libby - 03-20-2019, 11:49 AM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-20-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Libby - 03-23-2019, 05:14 AM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-23-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Tobi - 04-19-2019, 06:54 AM