Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell little Sally
WOW!
It is hard to believe that after all these years of cat sitting, Sally will finally be going "home" and you will be free of your duty of care. I know you looked after Sally in the very best possible ways, but she was never your cat. You looked after her day after day, faithfully, winter and summer, snow and rain, sunshine and storm. I don't know how you kept it up for so long. I think Sally Cat cherished your friendship, but I think she wanted to live in a home with a family. The daughter is the family she grew up with so it will be home for her. Think of her living in a proper house with everything nice and warm. She never really liked the shed. She just had to use it because she had no choice. You made it a comfortable nest for her, but her heart has always been elsewhere. I think she never stopped wanting to be with her family. Now she is going to have that. I think you have been listening to Sally and knew what she wanted. 

I know you are happy for Sally. I do hope the daughter sends news of her now and then. It is going to be strange for you. Saying good bye will be happy sad. You are going to find yourself walking over to feed Sally many times before the habit of caring for her leaves you. There will be lots of times that you forget that she is gone and then suddenly you will remember. Seven years of cat sitting must be a record. I know you were my inspiration all the years that I helped care for Zooey Cat.

I feel like crying just thinking of her shed sitting empty and then I think of Sally in a home with people she loves and I have to smile. 
You won't know what to do with all the free time you will have, but I am sure there will be lots of things that need doing.

No doubt when you read this you will have already said your goodbyes to Sally Cat. I will be thinking of you. You walked a lot of miles for that cat and now she is going home. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Farewell little Sally - by Tobi - 04-06-2019, 07:17 AM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by Catherine - 04-06-2019, 01:57 PM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by Tobi - 04-06-2019, 02:46 PM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by Catherine - 04-06-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by Tobi - 04-19-2019, 06:42 AM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by Catherine - 04-19-2019, 05:06 PM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by LPC - 04-19-2019, 07:31 PM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by Tobi - 04-21-2019, 02:38 AM
RE: Farewell little Sally - by Catherine - 04-21-2019, 03:29 PM