Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescues work on image to get pets adopted
Grumpy Cat is a perfect example. We all love how he looks and yet if he were in a shelter he would be overlooked because he is not appealing. We had to learn to love his grumpy face and we did because of the funny appealing pictures of him.

I think the phones that were donated have good cameras that are easy to use. Shelter staff can work with the animals and get pictures of them when they are at their best.  Sometimes the very best pets just don't get adopted because people never go beyond their online picture.

I adopted Frodo the guinea pig when I realized he had been at the shelter for a year. His picture wasn't good and he didn't look like much after a year at a shelter. He turned out to be the most fun ever. He used to make me laugh he was such a character. If he had an appealing picture  he would never have sat there for a year. Because of how people saw him they missed out on the best pet ever.

People can't help it. There are drawn to certain pictures and not to others. Shelters can use that fact to help pets get adopted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rescues work on image to get pets adopted - by Catherine - 05-16-2019, 03:19 PM